…FOR WEDDING SALES!
OK, I have to say it. It’s not that I’m cheap, it is just that I don’t always believe that you *have* to spend top dollar on certain things. Save the top dollars for the things that really *do* need top dollars – flowers, cake, your dress, your honeymoon… But there’s thing you don’t need to spend a load of money on. That comes from a wedding planner? Oh, yes! Trust me – Christmas (and Valentine’s Day) are GREAT for wedding planning.
I mean, specifically, the after Christmas (and Valentine’s Day) sales. What? Sales? On bridal stuff? Yes!!! Technically it’s Christmas stuff, but if you don’t look at the green and red boxes, you can imagine them at your wedding.
There are always GREAT sales after Xmas on the following –
WHITE BRIDAL LIGHTS. So they say Christmas and you have to put them in a box for a few months, big deal. Last year, I hit Target randomly after Christmas and I got boxes and boxes and boxes of WHITE WIRE Christmas lights for $.50 A BOX. Do you know how much those go for in bridal stores? A lot more than $.50 a box, I can tell you! And I got so much use out of them over the year- a bride would not have enough or I would offer up, and I was a hero every time I showed up with a box of WHITE WIRE Christmas … I mean bridal lights. I can’t wait to hit Target again this year. I’m going to buy more than $10 worth (i.e. ONE box at others’), fo’ sure!
Some other items I’ve picked up for weddings at after Xmas sales:
* Beaded table runners/placemats. Oh, they are magnificent! I use them for all kinds of accents. And you hit the 75% off sales after Xmas? Wow! Green, red, white, silver, blue…
* Xmas candles – last year I bought a TON of silver beaded candles and I used them as centerpieces in a wedding in July. They were gorgeous. And you know what? No one knew I spent $.25 apiece on these hot candles! All they knew was that they mixed in well with their white beach theme.
* Plastic champagne and wine cups. We can’t have glass on the beach, so it’s a great time to pick these up – esp. after New Years.
* Candle holders – crystal looking, silver, white, sparkly … they say Christmas now, but they mean beach wedding in June.
* Again, anything silver, white, red or blue is always great. It goes well with beach themes, elegant white and red weddings, etc.
* Dollar Stores! They have after Christmas sales, too. They are yummy! Candles, simple glass candle holders, mirrors, even some Xmas ornaments (I used mini mirror balls as part of a centerpiece last year with seashells) – all potential for great wedding fodder.
* Pier 1/ World Market ~ They have all kinds of sparkly and worldly goodies that are awesome. If you can find eco friendly confetti poppers (there is such a thing) they would look great for pictures as you’re doing your recessional! And you’re not littering! Right now I’m waiting for after Xmas sales to buy some amazing candleabras I’ve got my eye on.
I mentioned after Valentine’s Day stuff – two years ago I hit a TargetMart after Valentine’s and I got a TON of great wedding stuff – pink napkins with white hearts on them (there are a LOT of pink weddings!), heart napkin rings; pink champagne glasses (add a few mini starfish and seashells), plastic champagne glasses; votive holders in clear, red, and pink glass ; candles by the box load in white, pink and red; heart shaped bowls for dips, chips, etc. (again, they say Valentine’s Day now, but come June they scream bridal!); ribbons, tulle; I got some great little mini gifts like mini fondue sets for the bride and groom, heart shaped silver frames, heart shaped candies for fillers. It was awesome. And other than the people I told, no one knew.
Don’t let the fact that they are holiday items deter you or put you off. If you are planning a white wedding, or red accents or want silver or blue, you can get some GREAT deals.
Visit our business website at www.tybeeislandwedding.com